wiNdow paNe




So I've got this thing about people eyeballing me ... lol ... ok ... ok... let me be real... sometimes it's kinda flattering to have folks checkin for ya....


However, if I am walking down the street and a person is coming towards me ...I will not look them in the face. (If you are not from the south you are probably like um... ok ... what's wrong with that? ) Even if I am going to like a gathering/party etc. I will walk straight through and it's my GOAL to not have to look anyone in their face.


Now granted this treatment weighs heavy on the male species and I know the first thing people will say is... ok, you are shy or people will throw out that I am insecure ... um ... not so much ... don't twist it ... I walk with my head high ... no shame in saying it took me a minute to get there and lets just say I am definitely past that minute now... I am a bit reserved when I meet a person, as many people are ... got to feel you out first... I haven't met a person that I couldn't deal with yet... knock on wood... I'm pretty good at picking up peoples vibes so.. i know when to cut a convo... start a convo... turn a convo etc... all that tooting of my own horn to say... I've got decent communication skills.


An older woman once shared this story with me of how her grandma noticed her now husband courting her... she says her grandma warned her... "do not look into that boys eyes"... and of course you have picked up on the fact that she obviously did as he is now her husband.



Now I felt the way that I feel about gazing before she told me this story so I'm not being a sucker for folklore ...I guess I do believe there is a special connection in the eyes... and I'm a private person... I'm just saying... I can't go gazing at every man that's checkin for me.


Here's what the folks over at Body Language Signals had to say


The way a person looks at someone reveals a lot… and the intensity and direction of their stare can reflect a person's thoughts.

Let's look at different scenarios:

- Glancing sideways could show romantic interest, flirting in a subtle way

- Glancing for a prolonged period of time, intermittently but repetitively -sexual attraction, lust if in the distance - interest in the conversation if face to face while one of you is talking

- Staring hard without interruption at all- invasive and threatening (usually accompanied by small pupils)

- Avoiding gaze - could be lying, or feeling guilty or uncomfortable about the subject discussed. If they are looking away after a long gaze, it could just mean they are "taking a rest", or distancing themselves from the subject.

- Gazing regularly - positive, inviting attitude - open to communicate with you

No comments: