i am a G.R.I.T.S :down home edition

I eat out a lot... I know... a waste of my resources... but at least it's a tasty waste... My friends would say I only eat at linen table places... it's partially true... the following are the places I go when I'm feeling BAMA lol...


Nikki's West is known for their cafeteria line... it's staffed with all men... and they do not play... you may want to actually read the menu and make up your mind before you hit the line... it's fast pace soup kitchen style... They have these yummy complimentary cinnamon rolls with breakfast and dinner... I have a thing for the cornbread dressing!


Located less than two blocks from where my daddy grew up, Graffeo Bro's market is the first butcher I ever experienced. You got to get there early it's rarity yields popularity. They have the best cheese... my mom gets it sliced with souse meat ... (the Graffeo family sold the store around 06)

The best chicken wings in town belong to Green Acres. Call me crazy but I got a thing for the grease soaked brown paper bags and the "all the way" (ketchup/hot sauce/ salt & pepper) condiment.

My daddy drives us down to Chilton County for the delicious peaches... and no trip is complete without a stop by the Durbin Market for homemade ice cream and peach pralines.


The famous Jim N Nicks homemade cheese biscuits with sweet butter.I recommend the mac & cheese and the queso dip ... everything is good of course!

No comments: