RIF

By day I work in Human Resources ...Reduction In Force... is real... When I came across this article... I thought ...you should read it and in your quest to be successful ... learn from it... I have learned a lot in this business... I could write all day about it... but I'll just say what I have seen, heard, and felt have led me to look at this as just a job and not a career... my hearts to big... it rests on my conscious...

New. York. Social. Diary -Wallflowers
by Alexandra Lebenthal

• Area Rug, $87,784 • Mahogany Pedestal Table, $25,713 • 19th Century Credenza, $68,179 • Pendant Light Furniture, $19,751 • 4 Pairs of Curtains, $28,091 • Pair of Guest Chairs, $87,784 • George IV Chair, $18,468 • 6 Wall Sconces, $2,741 • Parchment Waste Can, $1,405 • Roman Shade Fabric, $10,967 • Roman Shades, $7,315 • Coffee Table, $5,852 • Commode on Legs, $35,115 • Decorator Services, $800,000

The $1.2 million spent on decorating the Merrill Lynch office of John Thain has gripped everyone as yet another symbol of Wall Street’s disconnect from the values of everyone else. His termination from new owner, Bank of America, was clearly tied more to multibillion dollar losses at Merrill in the 4th quarter, seemingly ill-timed bonuses to Merrill employees prior to the closing of the deal with the Bank as well as a hefty dose of corporate political maneuvering.

Read the article in full here

No comments: