I NEED IT IN MY LIFE

Lafayettee 148 New York Sequined Merino Cardigan
I saw another blogger pair a Sequin Top with a frilly tulle skirt... I think it would be perfect for the fall with a pair of tights.

Michael Kors Faux Fur Vest
I can't... I just... a work of art! Cashmere Chunky Long Cardigan

I had already visualized wearing this Oversized Cardigan look a lot this fall. I plan on substituting a turtleneck for the t-shirt and accessorizing with belts, silk scarves and brooches. Eileen Fisher Alpaca Double Face Long Coat

I was so still in love with my winter coat from last year...until I saw this...smh.. I HAVE TO HAVE IT! Sidenote: Eileen Fisher designs some of the BEST coats!

All of the looks above are from the Bloomingdales Plus Style Guide. (Power hand clap to them… there were more than the staple 5 amazing pieces that are typical of so called style guides.) Recently there has been an amazing effort to create high standard fashion for Plus Size consumers. While I like the next half way fashionable plus sized girl, am ecstatic about the possibility of more choices, I feel like it won't change the real face of the average plus sized consumer by much. I will still see women in ill fitting, poorly made, standard clothing (not excluding me). Not necessarily because of the price range but because of the consumers real needs and understanding of fashion. I’m really grateful to all of the men and women plus and straight sized that have been fighting this uphill battle and I definitely congratulate them on there many victories. What I hope comes out of their victories is that designers don’t just look at me as a dollar sign , that they think of me as more of an appreciator of great art (or in this case clothing design). Don’t design three amazing pieces and think that’s catering to me as an audience. (I’m super picky so I usually will only like one piece of a collection anyway). Study the plus size figure and actually look at the needs and wants, reflect on why you became a designer and share that with me through your product. With that said let me look for some side hustle so I can make these purchases!

No comments: