the REVIEW: WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE


MOVIE STAPLE: APPLE JUICE

Winner of the Caldecott Medal, Boston Globe -Horn Book Award, and a named Notable Book by the American Library Association... the children's book turned feature length film is in heavy rotation just a couple of blocks from me at the McWane Science Center IMAX theater... it's been years since I read the story but I could vividly recall the large format picture book... While the movie was of course children "themed" it was pretty adult friendly... it really wasn't the movie that intrigued me though... THE SOUNDTRACK! I NEED IT! The music was amazing and kept me in the film... The soundtrack is credited mostly to Karen O and the Kids... Karen O is from the group Yeah Yeah Yeahs... I'm going to have to post a music REVIEW soon... hmm.... but back to the movie...I have to say I wasn't to impressed by the IMAX... some stuff is just to large to be larger ... I think I would have had a better experience on a standard screen... all in all it was a pretty cool sounding night at the movies!

No comments: