tHE reVIEW: TheKarate Kid


I have to start off with a huge kudos for the location scout and the cinematography... I felt like I had my passport stamped! The locations were simply beautiful! I hadn't seen a good "family action" film in a while so this movie was a perfect void filler. I appreciated that in remaking a classic the writers took an honest approach of making the film their own while respecting and paying homage to the original film. While the story line didn't pack a major punch it was to the point and predictable enough to keep you engrossed. Did I mention that the scenic shots were AMAZING! The young star of the film did well considering the topic and complexity of the roll. I was a bit disappointed by the delivery and believability of the karate kid character and I'll write it off as this wasn't meant to be an OSCAR worthy performance film. With many years ahead of the young actor I look forward to seeing his growth. *My mother was dying to see this movie and we ended up in a packed theater :(.

No comments: